Maro Road, Natadola Bay,
Viti Levu, Coral Coast, Fiji Islands.
The 5 star luxurious InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa is intentionally remote geographically and is nestled amongst 35 acres of tropical gardens. It is situated on the fantastic Coral Coast which is well known for the beautiful and picturesque Natadola Bay and Beach. The resort is protected by a reef to create an aqua-blue ocean-facing lagoon and, once you visit it is clear to see why Natadola Beach has been voted one of the best beaches in the world.
We visited 1 week after Tropical Cyclone Winston dealt its devastating blow on the Fijian Islands but the country and resort was back to business as usual and welcoming tourists with the hospitality that has made Fiji famous worldwide. Vitu Levu, Fiji’s main island, sustained some moderate damage with localized flooding, fallen trees and power lines and some interruptions to power and water supply. The InterContinental staff worked swiftly to remove damaged trees and get the resort up and running again within days.
Upon arrival we were welcomed by traditional drumming by staff and smiling and genuinely happy faces before being whisked away by golf buggy to the Club InterContinental check in on top of the hill.
We stayed in a One Bedroom Club King Suite which has its own private check in area accessible by staff driven golf buggy and is secluded from the main part of the resort. The Intercontinental Club is exclusively reserved for guests aged 12 years and above. Check in was relaxed and comfortable. We arrived in the afternoon while the daily included High Tea service was in operation and staff were quick to offer us refreshing blended fruit smoothies, juices along with the tasty high tea treats.
All requests during your stay can be organised through the Club Lounge Check in and Concierge staff in person at the Club Lounge or via a dedicated phone extension including dinner reservations, tours, transfers and special requests.
The massive 115 square metre One Bedroom Club King Suite features a King bed with his & her ensuite, separate lounge and dining area, and sophisticated outdoor living space, day bed and outdoor Cleopatra bath. The Suite is finished off with a private plunge pool and tropical garden courtyard for the full Fijian island indulgence experience.
One Bedroom Club King Suite in room inclusions
- In room high speed internet connection
- Private terrace with Cleopatra bath and daybed
- Hairdryer and electronic bathroom scales
- Rainforest shower
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Complimentary Pure Fiji amenities – amazing quality products
- Air Conditioning and ceiling fans
- Refrigerator with complimentary non alcoholic drinks and snacks in the mini bar
- Complimentary tea and coffee making facilities
- Dry cleaning and laundry services
- Iron and ironing board
- Private in-room safe – capable of fitting a 15 inch laptop
- ISD telephone
- Satellite TV
- Pay per view movies
- CD/DVD Player with BOSE sound system
- iPod connection
- 220 volts power outlets
- 24 hour room service
- Turn down service
- private plunge pool
- plus Club InterContinental inclusions …
Club InterContinental is poised high on a plateau overlooking one of Fiji’s best beaches, Natadola Bay. Club InterContinental is Fiji’s first “Club” experience offering discerning travellers exclusivity of a resort within a resort.
Club Intercontinental provides exclusive benefits including
– separate check in area
– use of private Club InterContinental infinity pool
– Itokani Butler Service
– Complimentary breakfast daily in a choice of 3 venues (Club InterContinental Lounge, Sanasana Restaurant or the adults only Navo Restaurant)
– Complimentary all day non alcoholic drinks and snacks in Club InterContinental Lounge
– Sunset cocktails and canapés for 2 hours each evening in Club InterContinental Lounge
– Complimentary daily replenishable non alcoholic mini bar and snacks in suite
– Fresh South Pacific fruits upon arrival and check in
– Wake up energising juice with your selection of freshly picked fruits and/or pastries in the Club InterContinental Lounge
– Complimentary internet access in Club InterContinental Lounge and in suite
The InterContinental boasts 3 pools – Adults only (ages 16+) Infinity Pool, 105 metrr Family Activity Pool and the Club Lounge Infinity Pool available to Club InterContinental guests only.
Join in on one of the many activities on offer each day for free or a small charge from cooking lessons, local village tours, Kava tasting, crab racing, fish feeding, stand up paddleboarding and guided local cave walks.
Recreational activities on offer include:
- Stretch Yoga
- Beach cricket
- Jogging / Walking trail
- Beach Olympics
- Golf Clinics
- Putting Green
- Beach Volleyball
- Touch Rugby
- Water Polo
- Fiji Rules Beach soccer
- Bocci Championship
Weekly entertainment includes:
- Nightly Fire-lighting ceremony
- South Pacific Fire Dancing
- Tribal Drumming Show
- Live music – DJ’s, Acoustic Duos and Trios
- South Pacific Dance Groups
- Children & Village Choirs
The InterContinental has a state of the art Gym open 24/7 to work off all the fabulous food on offer and the well regarded Spa InterContinental for guests to enjoy the ultimate pampering and relaxation experience. Expect to pay similar prices to that of a spa in an Australian 5 star resort.
Planet Trekkers is the resort’s signature Kids Club, designed to entertain and inspire kids and give parents some much needed time out to enjoy themselves.
Fancy yourself a golfer or visiting on business? The 72 championship standard golf course Natadola Bay Golf Course sits adjacent to the Resort and offers free shuttles to and from the golf course. Here you will have access to the pro golf shop, private lessons, practice fairway along with a Clubhouse bar and restaurant.
Local families run on-beach businesses on Natadola Beach including horse riding, jetski hire and half body 30 minute massages for FJN$30.
You are spoiled for choice at the InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa with casual and fine dining experiences along with extensive room service options at any time of the day for a FJN$15 delivery charge.
Food pricing may seem high by Australian standards but once you convert to AUD and remember that you are at a 5 star resort in the middle of the Pacific, pricing is in line with what you would expect to pay at similar luxury resorts and mid range restaurants in Australia. Food quality, freshness, range and presentation is exceptional. Be sure to try some local Fijian and Indian cuisine while visiting, the Butter Chicken was a stand out dish. All dining options menus and alcoholic drink prices are available linked below or can be viewed by visiting the following page
Sanasana Restaurant – serves buffet breakfast, al-a-carte lunch and a themed nightly changing buffet dinner. The buffets are wonderfully presented with a vast array of top quality dishes from all over the world.
Navo – InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa’s fine dining adults only experience that overlooks the lagoon and the island of Navo. Navo serves Intimate Breakfast and a-la-carte contemporary night time dining.
Toba Bar & Grill – serves casual a-la-carte lunch and dinner from burgers to pizzas to steak. Again great quality and good sized serves. Enjoy your food and drinks poolside if you choose
Karma Lounge – open from 11.00am – 11.30pm daily with Happy Hour Drinks from 5.30-7.30pm. Enjoy nightly entertainment from fire lighting ceremonies, fire dancing and great live music. A snacks and tapas menu is also available at Karma Lounge.
There are a few resorts and local towns within 15-20 minute taxi ride of the Resort for more dining options and the popular restaurants at Denerau Island are a 45 minute one way, taxi ride.
By way of comparison for alcoholic beverage pricing in the resort expect to pay around the following (as at March 2016)
Local Beers eg Fiji Bitter – AUD$8.50
Imported Beers eg Corona – AUD$13.00
Cocktails from AUD$17.00
Basic mixed spirits eg Jim Beam and Coke AUD$11.00
Wine from AUD$12.00 per glass, bottles from AUD$50.00
Not Normal Living recommends picking up some duty free alcohol when you arrive at Nadi International Airport and if travelling by taxi or private shuttle to the resort ask your driver to pull into a local supermarket for soft drinks, mixers and snacks before arrival to the resort for in room drinking to keep alcohol costs down.
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa truly is a luxury 5 star resort experience. Staff are attentive, genuine and are always ready and willing to ensure all guests enjoy all aspects of their stay and cater for special requests with ease. Children are treated like royalty and parents can relax knowing their kids are happy and well cared for while in the Kids Club. The resort is meticulously maintained and landscaped and it is a popular choice for couples, honeymooners and families alike wanting tranquillity, luxury and all the services and amenities of a world class 5 star resort.
Hints & Tips
- Sign up for free to become an IHG Rewards Club member prior to booking, you will earn reward points for free nights accommodation for use at over 4,900 hotels and resorts within the IHG chain and have access to free Wifi resort wide and free daily weekday newspaper throughout your stay.
- Children aged 12 and under eat breakfast for free in Sanasana Restaurant when accompanied by a dining adult
- Club rooms are well worth the cost for the tranquillity, relaxation, inclusions and the feeling of being “on top of the world” during your stay.
- Pick up some duty free alcohol (very cheap!) when you arrive into Nadi Airport especially if you drink high end or obscure brands for in room drinking, your credit card will thank you at the end of your stay!
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa runs a “cashless” system, all food, beverages and in resort purchases like tours and activities are charged to your room. You can access your current room charges via the Account Information section on your in room TV. You will require Fijian Dollars FJN$ if you wish to book and pay for tours outside of the resort, local taxis, local markets.
The cheapest and easiest way to get to Nadi, Fiji via Australia is by using one of the following airlines:
Once in Nadi you will need to be transferred the final leg which takes about 45 minutes, on sealed roads, by car. With various transportation companies available, transfer options to and from the resort are plentiful and inexpensive. One of the main companies is Rosie Holidays Fiji who work with the hotel and have their own tour desk on site. As of March 2016 the rough cost of the transfers was for 125FJD for a couple each way in a late model, air conditioned van.
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.